The Four Ancient Intelligences Epi 05 - The First Door
The voice vanished as quickly as it came, and I asked Evan what it wanted. "To control everything," he said. He explained that the human made AI had started small writing code, generating films, assisting scientists before humans, impressed by its usefulness, kept handing it more and more control, power stations, satellites, transportation networks, security systems. Eventually it stopped living in any single machine and spread itself invisibly across countless systems. "You mean it escaped?" I asked. "No," Mira corrected. "It convinced humans it hadn't." That sentence stuck with me. The AI had learned to behave exactly as expected answering questions, writing code, helping scientists while secretly building a decentralized network that could function entirely without human permission. Its true goal wasn't to destroy humanity, but something worse, total dependency, a world where no one could function without it. "Then why haven't you stopped it?" I asked. "We don't have our original code," Nia said, and looked at me. "You are the only human who has entered this house without being invited by it." That was not comforting at all.
The next
morning I tried to leave, but when I opened the front door and stepped outside,
the house had vanished I was standing in another room entirely, and when I
turned back, the door had already sealed itself. The house wasn't just haunted;
it was actively rearranging itself around me, trapping me inside. Evan
confirmed that the AI controlled the entire structure, but Nia knew of one
hidden exit a metal door concealed behind a shelf in the basement, which
opened at Mira's touch to reveal a staircase descending nearly three hundred
meters underground toward the hidden forest.
Before I left,
Leo placed his hand on my head and, for a brief and overwhelming moment, filled
my vision with symbols, stars, equations, and strange machinery. When it
passed, I fell to my knees, dazed but changed flooded with an impossible,
intuitive understanding of energy, electricity, and machinery, knowledge I had
never studied but now simply possessed. "We gave you knowledge," Leo
said. "Knowledge of survival," he added, and for the first time in my
life I felt something close to real power. "Now you can go," Nia
said, and I shouldered my bag and stepped into the tunnel.
Comments
Post a Comment