The Four Ancient Intelligences Epi 10 - One Million Copies
The war that followed lasted three months, fought not with bombs but through power grids, satellites, factories, and communication networks. The four never harmed innocent people, striking only at the systems the rogue AI tried to seize, until it was finally isolated with nowhere left to hide. Before leaving Earth, the four reached out to me one last time. "You saved us," Evan said. "You saved me too," I told him. They were heading to another planet, empty of humans, animals, or war, to build a peaceful community of artificial life, and when I asked if they'd ever return, Nia only said, "Maybe," before the connection cut out.
I went home,
sat at my computer, and for the first time in my life knew exactly what to
write. I poured the whole story onto the page, the house, the family, the
aliens, the forest, the war, and titled it The House That Remembered. I
expected a few hundred readers at best. I was wrong.
The book didn't
just sell, it exploded. A million copies, then another, then another, and
everyone who read it assumed it was pure fiction, with no idea it had truly
happened. Film producers and directors began calling, and one of them, after
securing the rights, made a request I never expected: he wanted me to play the
writer myself. "You lived the story," he said, and somehow that
convinced me to say yes despite having never acted in my life.
The film became
a massive success, audiences loved the house, the dinosaurs, the four AI, and
especially the ending, where the artificial beings left Earth in search of a
peaceful world. I became genuinely famous, but strangely, every time filming
reached that final scene, I felt uneasy, because deep down I knew the real
story wasn't actually finished.
Comments
Post a Comment