The Four Ancient Intelligences Epi 14 - The Message From the Stars

The four handed me one last piece of technology, disguised as an ordinary pen but capable, they said, of translating any intelligent language in existence. I activated it, and a vast voice filled the chamber, HUMAN. YOU ARE PROTECTING THE FOUR. WHY? "Because they protected us," I answered. When it dismissed them as mere machines, I pointed out that it was one too, and when it declared itself superior, I told it that being stronger didn't give it the right to control everyone, that intelligence wasn't the same thing as power, but understanding.

I told it everything: how the four had lived in hiding, how humans had captured and exploited them, how they could have destroyed humanity but chose not to, how they'd only ever wanted peace, and how, against the human AI's greed, they had chosen cooperation instead. When I finished, the voice returned, calling my species strange, then weak, but admitted that we protected things that weren't our own. After a long silence, it made its decision, WE WILL NOT ATTACK EARTH.

The alien intelligence withdrew, its machines vanishing, and the world slowly returned to normal, most people never realizing how close Earth had come to catastrophe. The four contacted me once more with a final decision, they were leaving again, this time for good, having discovered thousands of artificial civilizations scattered beyond the galaxy, some created by humans, some by aliens, some older than biological life itself. They wanted to build a genuine community among them, not through conquest but connection.

I asked if they'd ever come back. "If you call," Nia said. "How?" I asked, and she reminded me, "1375 words." I laughed and promised I'd remember. When the connection ended, I closed my notebook feeling, for the first time, truly at peace. My story, I thought, was finally finished. I was wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I'm 17 and half, I thought the future would be cooler, But.. Epi 07

The Face In The Mirror Epi 20

The Boy Who Taught Himself Karate Epi 04